- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop favourite protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (could be butter or cooking spray)
Blueberry topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix all pancake ingredients together in a bowl, except the oil.
- Lightly grease a non-stick cooking pan with the coconut oil
- Over medium heat, pour half the mixture in the pan. When it starts to bubble, flip over. Repeat for second.
- For blueberry topping, slowly heat blueberries and lemon juice in a saucepan. Voila!
Note: this is a very clean and low carb recipe for protein pancakes. Other versions exist, with added oats, baking powder, sweetener and so on. These will be slightly like a crepe in texture. Enjoy!