*15 large cookies, 30 small
These cookies aren’t particularly sweet, but I love them. I’m not a huge sweets person, but I really wanted the fall spices 🙂
The apples added the perfect amount of sweet/sour for me. They could be sweetened with Maple Syrup, Agave or Date. Enjoy!
- 1 med-large sweet potato (not the gigantic ones)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 scoop flavoured protein powder (Cellucor Peanutbutter Marshmallow)
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely cubed apple
- 2 tbs cashew pieces
- 2 tbs walnut pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, wrap sweet potato in tinfoil and roast for an hour.
- Make sure the sweet potato is fully baked, remove the skin and mash (careful, it’s HOT!)
- When sweet potato mash has cooled a bit, mix all the wet ingredients: egg, coconut oil, vanilla extract
- finely grind up 1/2 cup of the oatmeal. This will act as the flour base. I used my trusty Nutribullet
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet: oat flour, remaining cup of oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
- Add in tasty elements – I used cashews , walnuts and apple. You could add dried cranberries, dates (for more sweet), dark chocolate pieces, or even cocoa powder
- Reduce the oven heat to 300.
- lightly spray some parchment and line some cookie sheets. Make the cookies as big or small as you’d like.
- I made 15 cookies and it took about 30mins to bake.