*makes 3-4 servings
- 4 Broccoli stems, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms (the earthier tasting the better)
- 1 med yellow onion, chopped into strands
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 Tbs Low-Fat Greek Dressing (OPTIONAL)
- 12 pieces firm tofu, thinly sliced in 1”x 2”
- 2tbs butter
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Turn stove to medium and saute butter, onion, garlic and mushrooms in a pan.
- Just as the first few onions are browning, add the broccoli stems and cover. Combine well and stir often so nothing burns. Turn stove down. Cook until brocolli stems soften, but are still crunchy. Don’t let them get mushy. For a little more flavour, add the greek dressing. It’s good on its own though.
- In a bowl, toss the cornstarch, curry, garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion powder together
- Cover each thinly sliced piece of tofu in this coating.
- Turn a saucepan on medium, add the butter. Let it melt and become hot.
- Add the tofu, let it crisp on each side, timing will depend on your stove. Don’t let the butter burn or you’ll have to start over. It can be crisped at a fairly low heat (MED).
Serve in a bowl with tofu on top.