*makes 5 large, or 12 sliders
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup finely ground oats
- ½ cup chopped baby carrots
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Add quinoa and stock to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover, cooking for 15 minutes or until can be fluffed with a fork. You can do this ahead of time or even the night before (and store quinoa in the fridge) so the quinoa can cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, slice the green onions, chop the carrots, mince the garlic and grate the cheese. Coarsely chop the chickpeas.
- Place it all in a bowl, and then add the oats and nutritional yeast and mix.
- One the quinoa is finished cooking, add it to the bowl and mix well until incorporated. If needed, let cool or place in the fridge for a few minutes to cool.
- Add in beaten eggs, dill, salt, pepper and mix well. Form into patties.
- 6. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, add quinoa patties and cook until deeply golden brown and crispy, about 8 minutes per side. Serve with steamed veggies.
Original Source: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/09/crispy-quinoa-sliders/