*makes 24 servings (tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mince garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- In a blender/magic bullet, combine oil, almonds, water and chickpeas. Blend until smooth, but the almonds have still a little bit of presence.
- add the rest of the ingredients and blend to desired texture.
I really like this recipe rubbed into kale leaves, but it can be used as a general sauce for anything really. It has a cheesy flavour, and a little heat if you opted for the sriracha. I make 4 batches at once, because I can’t get enough! This recipe can also be a great base – just add other spices/flavors as you want!
Side note: I wish I had a better name for this recipe.
Original Source: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1617407