Well that was short. Vacation is over, and all books are now listed for sale again!
Happy New Year to All! Thanks for checking out the TrainRite website 🙂
Just to give everybody a heads up; whether you’re a regular here, or you’ve found the my site through a listing on Amazon, eBay, or Etsy…. I’m OUT!
It’s -24C here in Toronto, and that’s just about my threshold.
I’m on vacation until January 16th, 2015, so I’ve temporarily closed all listings for TrainRite Fitness Journals. If you’re looking to place an order, no worries I will reactivate all listings on the 16th, and will return to normal shipping times. (Did I mention I typically ship SAME DAY?!). So you can wait until then, or you can email me directly at: email@example.com. I will check these periodically, and alert you upon my return!
Thank you all for an exciting and successful 2014!
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was working on a new journal format completely based upon the feedback from my users over the past year. Again, thank you all who took the time out to give me feedback and allow me to create the best product for you. I’m thankful for all of the positive feedback I continue to receive for my traditional TrainRite Exercise and Fitness Journal. 🙂
So here it is: the TrainRite Compact Fitness Journal – a truly collaborative effort from people like you.
And as always…
Over the past year or so that I’ve been creating and selling Fitness and Nutrition Journals for myself and others, I’ve received a lot of great feedback! I want to personally thank each and every one of you who took the time to contact me and let me know how it’s working for you, asked me questions about the best way to use the journals, or just general thanks and positivity. If you haven’t yet, or have any questions, email me anytime – firstname.lastname@example.org.
As I’ve said before, my original intentions were never to sell these things, they were for me! I had goals that just weren’t being met by “showing up”. I needed to plan things out, and periodically review my progress. As people saw me using them, my progress and results – I kept getting asked where they could get them, and so TrainRite was born.
There are a ton of other options out there for basic weight lifting, fitness and food journals. 99% of them (trust me, I’ve tried many), have SO much wasted space and just general ‘filler’ that I’d never use. I personally wanted a small physical book to log my weight/reps, my newest 5k run time, my weight, along with my complete exercise regimen somewhere in the book so I’d always know what I’m working that day. That’s it! A few journals I’ve found are actually very similar to mine. Simple, easy to use, compact and so on. The key difference I strive for is listening to your experience and evolving into a product that’s better for everyone – not just me.
In the next month or so I’ll be rolling out a different version of the TrainRite Exercise and Fitness Journal
So what’s new? Based on feedback I’ve received:
And as always…
So stay tuned!
I wanted to bring your attention to an exciting new feature that will ship with every TrainRite Logbook order!
The TrainRite Workout Guide allows you to pre-plan a rotating 2 week fitness routine. This is a great addition to the logbook in the sense that you’ll fill out the chart well in advance, so when you show up to the gym you’ve already done the hard work and know exactly what you’re working that session.
I do this myself, and has been a critical step in creating well rounded workouts and meeting my goals. I’ve received an overwhelming request for this feature from current TrainRite users that I’ve shown my chart to. I rarely repeat exercises over my 2 week rotation, so my pre-planned routine can actually outlast my 90 day TrainRite Logbook.
Top 3 reasons to pre-plan your routine with the TrainRite Workout Guide?
1. Saves you time. By spending the time and doing the hard work upfront, you’re never scrambling to dream up your workout while on the way to the gym.
2. Forces you to take a step back and get a birds-eye view of how effective your workouts are. You’ll see which muscle groups you’re overlooking, or overworking, and help you gear your workout routines to meet your goal
3. Expands your horizons. You’ll take more time researching new exercises and training techniques while you fill out your guide. The more variations of exercises and techniques you use, the less “routine” it will actually be!
How do I use it?
1. Choose up to 6 days per week, and fill out the top row of the chart for each week. I workout Monday through Saturday, with Sunday’s off for rest – so I’d fill out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and so on to Saturday.
2. Then under each day, choose the musclegroup(s) you’re going to target. A few examples from my own guide are Fridays I workout Legs/Shoulders and Saturdays I hit my Back/Core.
3. Now just fill out the exercises you’re going to complete and the SETSxREPS of each. Over the two week rotation you can use the same days for similar muscle groups, but try to choose different variations of exercises to work those groups. This will help you build muscle and prevent you from getting bored with your workouts. The more variations, the longer you can keep using this same routine. And don’t forget to choose additional rest days!
4. Peel off the backing and stick it to the inside the plastic backing of your TrainRite Logbook.
Where do I get one?
When you order any TrainRite Logbook, you’ll automatically be shipped one. http://trainrite.ca/products/